The Owenabue ETNS Board of Management met on Monday, 3rd October. Below is the agreed report of the discussions at the meeting.
- Chairperson – The Board of management is delighted to announce the appointed of our new Chairperson, Tanja Buwalda. We would like to sincerely thank our outgoing chairperson, Jennifer Butter from Educate Together Head Office, for all their support from the very beginning.
- Teaching & Learning – We discussed the success of our summer programmes and potentially expanding them next year. We also discussed a recent incidental inspection from our Inspector which was a positive and affirming experience which highlighted the high quality teaching and learning in our classes.
- Board of Management Training– Some members of the BOM recently attended training, provided by Educate Together, and shared their learning with us.
- Policies – The BOM has ratified the ‘Behaviours of Concern’ policy, and appendix to the Code of Behaviour. It can be viewed in the policies tab. The annual child protection and anti-bullying checklists were also ratified. Please see notification below.
- Parent/Guardian’s Association – We are delighted that the PGA committee is now formed and look forward to working closely with them.
- Open Night – We look forward to the Open Night for prospective pupils this Thursday, 6th October.
Mandatory Template 3: Notification regarding the Board of Management’s review of the Child Safeguarding Statement
To: Owenabue ETNS Community
The Board of Management of wishes to inform you that:
• The Board of Management’s annual review of the school’s Child Safeguarding Statement was completed at the Board meeting of 3rd October 2022
• This review was conducted in accordance with the “Checklist for Review of the Child Safeguarding Statement” published on the Department’s ‘website www.education.ie
Signed Jennifer Buttner Date 04/10/2022
Chairperson, Board of Management
Signed Trina Golden Date 04/10/2022
Principal/Secretary to the Board of Management